There are fewer celebrated findings than unsolved problems in cognitive science; however one can list:
- How much human intervention is needed to produce a cognition?
- What is the relationship of personhood to cognition?
- Why is it currently so much more difficult for a machine to recognize a human than for a cat to recognize its owner?
- Why is the conceptual horizon wider for some than for others?
- What is consciousness?
- What is the relationship between Consciousness and Memory?
- Is artificial consciousness possible?
- If general artificial intelligence is possible, will it necessarily have the same kind of consciousness that humans have?
There are some closely related unsolved problems in software engineering.
- Original source: Wikipedia: Unsolved problems in cognitive science